We’re sharing our DK lineup, and hoping we see a boatload of $$$ in our company account Sunday night. But, let’s not kid ourselves, the odds are stacked against us.
Last week’s recap: Scottish Open
One word: Poo
Three of the six players we selected missed the cut, including Zalatoris and Morikawa. WTF? We would have laid $500 at -200 that at least one of those two studs would have played on the weekend. But it wasn’t meant to be.
Our fantasy consolation prize worth absolutely nothing: Like a ton of other folks, we correctly picked Xander to win, but the roster as a whole stunk like a spent heifer’s lair after a hard-lived day.
Moving on to the 150th Open Championship at St. Andrews, the birthplace of golf.
The final major of the year. The best players in the world. The big cat in the field.
Here’s who we’ve got…
DISCLAIMER: Please keep in mind: We are DEFINITELY not professional sports/daily fantasy gamblers. Not even close. So if you go with our roster, good luck to us all!
The 2022 Open Championship kicks off early tomorrow (or late tonight on the west coast).
Here’s who we have the utmost confidence in to perform well over the next four days of birdie-barages and f-bombs a flying.
Let’s goooo team!
- Ryan Fox – He’s from New Zealand, 37 years old, is having a decent year, and a bunch of golf gambling pundits said to pick him. So we did. We couldn’t pick him out of a line-up, but who cares. Let’s go Ryan. Make us look smart.
- Brian Harman – Short in stature and off of the tee. But who really cares how far he hits it in the air? No one. The ball rolls out like Mad Max at St. Andrews. Brian has played well in majors in the past, is showing decent form, and is left-handed. Lefties are lucky. And his wedge game and short game are always steady.
- Chris Kirk – Last minute change. Had Zach Johnson in this spot. You know, the guy who won the Open Championship in ’15. Pussy-catted out of that pick and went with someone who’s been playing better. I’m going to regret this pick. Guaranteed.
- Rory – 100% purebred Northern Ireland stud. Don’t let me down Rory. This is your week. I just know it is.
- Scheffler – Has the game to win anywhere, especially in dry, windy conditions ala Texas (where he grew up and went to college) and St. Andrews. World #1. Looks 35, only 26. Huge chin. Love this pick this week, even more so than Rory. But if Sheff and Rory don’t play well, and my other guys don’t make the cut and at least one of them makes a run, this roster is doomed.
- Sahith Theegala – He’s had a great rookie season out on Tour. But does he have the mental make-up to contend in a major? We think so. He’s our Top 25 lock of the week. All-around solid game, especially inside of 75 yards.
WHO YOU GOT?