We’re sharing our Draft Kings lineup, and hoping we see a boatload of $$$ in our company account Sunday night. But, let’s not kid ourselves, the odds are stacked against us.
Open Championship recap:
We were SO CLOSE TO MAKING $$$
For all of Saturday and most of Sunday at St. Andrews we were headed to a $600-$800 payday. But then Cameron Smith happened. And Rory decided to take 36 putts on Sunday. And Scheffler played the final round like he was still in college…and not a senior. More like how he played when he was a freshman and Jordan was a Sr.
What’s crazy is that five of our six guys made the cut and Brian Harman, who cost us only $6,900, finished T-6. Ugh. So close to buying mama a new pair of shoes. instead, we lost a few pounds (money not chubbs).
Moving on to the Rocket Mortgage Classic being played at the Detroit Golf Club.
The field is so-so. The LIV party crashers are playing at the same time (18 fewer holes, less stress) in Jersey at one of Trump’s tracks this week. It’s a toss-up which of the two events we’ll be paying closest attention to. I guess the tie-breaker likely goes to the RMC, but only because we have a few greenbacks riding on it.
Here’s who we’ve got this week…
DISCLAIMER: Please keep in mind: We are DEFINITELY not professional sports/daily fantasy gamblers. Not even close. So if you go with our roster, good luck to us all!
Let’s goooo team!
- Tony Finau – Here’s where our head is with this pick. Big T just won himself his 3rd PGA tournament. He likes to make birdies. Detroit Golf Club is not hard. To finish Top-10 you have to be a birdie machine. He sits right now in 26th place with an average of 4.04 birdies per round. Not too shabby. On average, he hits 70% of his greens in reg. — good enough for 8th on Tour. And his putter is HOT! Let’s gooooo!
- Dylan Fritelli – He is South African, affordable, and has been playing relatively well as of late. We just need him to make the cut. “UUUUU can doooo it!”
- Chris Gotterup – This kid is a beast. Recently completed his college career at Oklahoma. Strong like an ox. Looks a little like an ox. Rakes birdies. Not afraid. Already this year in just a handful of tourneys he has collected two Top-10s, including a recent T-4 at the John Deere. A tourney we hope he wins someday just so we can see him up on a tractor. I bet he already owns one. Top 25 lock.
- Kooooooch – The bald beast. Likely going to bounce to the LIV Tour in a couple of months. We hope not, but he certainly does fit the profile. Was a top player in the world. Household name. Big Mickledick-like smile. Has really white teeth. We are praying he lives in greenside bunkers all week when he misses greens — ’cause he ranks 2nd on Tour in sand saves.
- C.T. Pan – U. of WA Husky. Loves purple. We love purple. We love C.T. He’s not having a great year, but is going to keep his card. He finished Top 32 in each of his last two tourneys. We are looking for a Top 25 finish from him this week, maybe even surprise us with a Top 15. It is a short course. C.T. is short – in stature and off of the tee. We have Husky faith.
- Cameron YOUNG! – Has finished T-3 or better in four of his last seven events. Super rookie. Damn near won the British Open. Plays well on all types of courses, including a T-3 at the RBC Heritage earlier this year which is played at Harbour Town, the tightest track on tour. Birdie machine, averaging 4.35 per round on Tour (9th). He’s more or less punched his ticket to the Tour Championship, so right now he only has one goal when he tees it up: Help the guys at Balls & Bogeys win $$$ on Draft Kings!!!
WHO YOU GOT?