Not all of these ideas are relevant to you and your
fragile psyche; but hey, when you hit a mental rut and stop loving the game of golf as much as you feel you should, give these recommendations a try.
In no particular order…
- Play games (Here’s a good list)
- Don’t lose when you gamble
- If you know the pace of play is going to suck, skip it
- If you know the greens are going to suck, skip it
- Wear funny socks. Everyone plays better in funny socks
- Commando. Let’s ’em breathe
- Get your company to pay for it, and the drinks
- Sneak on
- Don’t keep score
- Breakfast balls off the first tee — hell, every tee
- Auto 2-putts
- Bogeys or better (once you hit that mark, pick it up)
- Music. Lots and lots of music. We recommend country or 90’s Rap, but all music is good music, especially while listening to it while playing golf
- Don’t suck at golf
- Unless you’re a 16 yr. old phenom or Iron Byron, warm up properly or at least hit a couple of dozen balls on the range and a handful of putts. Your score will say “thank you”
- Theragun anything that hurts
- Ben Gay
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Walk, at least the front 9
- Don’t eat spicy food the night before
- Play for 2 hours, then quit
- Never play with the in-laws
- Stop bitching. It’s golf. Have fun ding-dong.
This guy created a PC video with some great tips too!
Play more golf if you can. And enjoy the walk, the ride, the drinks, the camaraderie, the challenge, the game, the sport, the sun, the breeze, whatever. Whenever. Forever.
Just get out and PLAY!!!