Lucas Glover is a
leathered seasoned vet on the PGA Tour. With his victory Sunday in the Wyndham, he now has lifted 5 Big-A’s in his impressive 20-YEAR PGA TOUR RUN, including a US Open in 2009.
After 22 years as a pro, one thing is certain; he’s got world-class callouses. B&B has estimated that over those 22 years, if he had worn a golf glove while practicing and playing, he would have gone through over 1,000 of the finest Cabretta leather mitten covers. That’s a crazy stat. He’s saved his sponsors some $$$, no question.
So what about his equipment set-up helped Lucas close the deal this weekend and hold off Russel Henley to win the Wyndham? Here’s what we think…
- He predominately plays with Srixon/Cleveland gear, but we can’t find him on any official ambassador lists. Certainly, he’s getting paid to play the gear and ball, right???
- His Srixon Z785 driver first hit the market in 2018. After a little Googling, we found where you could buy a new one at Dick’s for $300. Not a bad call. Good price.
- His Ping G430 Max fairway woods are the hottest on Tour, especially with equipment-free agents. Something’s telling me they must be solid clubs if pros who live and die by their gear are stocking up on these fairway metals.
- Four brands are represented in his set up. That’s about average for guys who aren’t full-bag ambassadors
- Glover’s putting this whole season (actually, for most of the back-half of his career) has been awful. He sits 166 SG: Putting for the season. For context, there are a bunch of guys who just lost their PGA Tour cards who have putted better this season on Tour. For a guy who hits a lot of shots close to the pin, he doesn’t make the volume of birdies that his peers do from the same average distance. And his putting inside of 7-feet, scary shaky. So when he put a new putter in his bag a month or so ago, magic in a bottle appeared. He’s posted three straight Top-10’s including his victory yesterday. His new broomstick: L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max. For only $560 (plus customization), you too could add this long-legged beauty to your bag.
Glover’s bag set-up:
DRIVER: Srixon Z785 (9.5 degrees), with Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X shaft
FAIRWAY WOOD: Ping G430 Max (15 degrees) with Fujikura Ventus Black 8X shaft, (18 degrees) with Fujikura Ventus Black 10X shaft
WEDGES: Cleveland RTX 6 (52, 56, 60 degrees), with True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 shafts
PUTTER: L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max
BALL: Srixon Z-Star XV